JAIF has issued Earthquake Report 9 (Report by the Chief Cabinet Secretary)
Status of Fukushima #1 power station as of 11:40, March 16, 2011 (10:40:00 p.m. Tuesday March 15 ET)
The chief cabinet secretary reported the status of Fukushima Daiichi power station at the news briefing 11:15 as follows.
Report from the chief cabinet secretary (Summary)
- White fume has been observed from unit-3.
- Radiation monitored at the border of the site is increasing. It reached an order of a milliSv/hr around 10:00, today.
- It is possible that radioactively contaminated steam is released from the containment vessel. Now, investigating cause is going on.
<Unit-4, Unit-5 and Unit-6>
- Water injection operation is being prepared.
- Water temperature in the spent fuel pool is increasing also at unit-5 and unit-6.
- We would like to deal with the issue in a proactive manner.
Separately NHK has reported that the Japanese Government has revised upward the permissible level of radiation exposure for workers. The health and labor ministry says that it raised the limit by a factor of 2.5, to 250 millisieverts, in cases of emergency.