Registration for the FOSS4G 2015 Conference in Seoul has opened.
There is only one week left to submit your abstracts for presentations (closing April 24th). Some ideas for topics include
- Development: new development in projects.
- Hacks and Mashes: novel solutions to all our problems.
- Big Data : geospatial big data.
- New Trends: IoT, Indoor GIS, etc.
- Case Studies: relate your experiences.
- Benchmarks: comparisons between packages.
- Business Cases: building the economic case.
- Policies: FOSS4G related policies around government and international organizations.
- Visualization: effective presentation of information.
- Disaster Response: software, case studies, outcomes.
- Collaboration: data collection, data sharing, and open standards.
- NSDI: FOSS4G based Spatial Data Infrastructure.
- Education: FOSS4G in education and trainings.
Over 900 open source developers and others were at the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) conference in Portland last year. The previous year's FOSS4G 2013 in Nottingham attracted 833 delegates. Last year's attendance matched Denver's FOSS4G 2011 record.