- Arena Pernambuco in Recife recently completed a 1 MW PV installation.
- The Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte has installed a 1.4 MW rooftop PV system.
- PV modules with a capacity of 400 kW have been installed at the legendary Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro which will host the World Cup final.
- The Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha in Brasilia will be equipped with a PV system which will cover 75% of the stadium's rooftop surface with capacity to generate 2.5 MW. It is intended that the stadium will be self-sufficient in energy production and able to provide excess power to the rest of the city.
- The Fonte Nova Arena in Salvador plans to install 500 kW of solar PV.
The total solar PV generation capacity is planned to reach 5.8 MW after the World Cup.
Thanks to Ilias Tsagas @Ilias_Energia for pointing me to this update.