In one year LocationTech has attracted key strategic members interested in taking advantage of the governance and intellectual property services including commercially friendly licensing that LocationTech/Eclipse provides. LocationTech members now include
Actuate, Boundless, Google, IBM, Oracle, Azavea, Glob3, MapGears, OGC, Vivid Solutions
LocationTech has very interesting projects and project proposals in the pipeline on the leading edge of open source geospatial development.
- Mobile Map Tools - Mobile Map Tools(MMT) is a SDK designed to build multi-platform native mobile applications.
- JTS Topology Suite - The JTS Topology Suite (JTS) is an open source Java software library that provides an object model for planar geometry together with a set of fundamental geometric functions.
- GeoGit - GeoGit is a Distributed Version Control System (DVCS) specially designed to handle geospatial data efficiently.
- SpatialHadoop - patialHadoop is a comprehensive extension to Hadoop that allows efficient processing of spatial data.
- GeoTrellis - The core GeoTrellis framework provides an ability to process large and small data sets with low latency by distributing the computation across multiple threads, cores, CPUs and machines.
- Spatial4j - Spatial4j is a general purpose spatial / geospatial ASL licensed open-source Java library to provide common geospatially-aware shapes, to provide distance calculations and other math, and to read and write the shapes to strings.
- GeoMesa - GeoMesa is a suite of geospatial libraries and tools built on top of Geotools and Accumulo, and contains a spatio-temporal indexing structure that enables efficient storage, querying, and transformation capabilities for large spatio-temporal data sets.
- Geoff (Geo Fast Forward) - This project aims at simplifying the process for integrating existing business applications to provide a simple to use framework for visualizing geospatial data on a geographical map embedded into Eclipse RCP applications.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 18:30
This party is open to all. It's a chance to chat with entrepreneurs, technology developers, geospatial professionals, LocationTech members, and the open source geospatial community.
1400 Key Blvd
Level A (Enter at North Oak St entrance)
Rosslyn, VA 22209