The second FOSS4G-Europe Conference will be held at Politecnico di Milano in Como, Italy, from July 15th to 17th, 2015. A day of workshops will precede the conference on 14th July, and a code sprint will close the event on 18th July.
Como is on Lake Como, one of the most beautiful locations in Europe. It is right on the border with Switzerland close to Lugano.
The Conference aims to bring together FOSS4G users and developers worldwide and foster closer interactions with and amongst European communities in order to share ideas for improving geodata, software and applications openess.
This year's conference has six tracks.
- The General Track is the main event line with presentations on FOSS4G technologies and communities.
- The Academic Track relates progress of scientific research and experiences on using and teaching FOSS4G.
- The Open Data Track welcomes projects and case studies about geospatial open data and FOSS4G tools.
- The Water Track welcomes case studies related to water managment and related environmental modeling with FOSS4G.
- The Positioning Track welcomes projects and case studies on indoor/outdoor positioning with FOSS4G.
- The Library Track welcomes case studies related to Library and archives managment with FOSS4G tools.
The site is open for abstract submissions for these tracks.